BACK IN STOCK 15TH DEC
1. What are Wafters? Wafters are a type of carp bait that has been designed to counteract the weight of the hook, ensuring that the baited rig acts neutrally buoyant in the water. This means that when a carp sucks the bait in, it feels natural, almost weightless, making the fish less suspicious and increasing the chances of a successful hook-up. 2. Composition and Varieties Wafters are often made from a blend of base mix ingredients and buoyant elements. They come in various sizes, shapes, and flavours, much like boilies, to cater to different fishing conditions and carp preferences. Popular flavours include:
- Fruity: like pineapple or berry.
- Fishy: such as crab or tuna.
- Natural: ingredients like insect meal or worm extract.
- Neutral Buoyancy: The chief advantage of wafters is their neutral buoyancy. This gives a natural presentation, making it difficult for carp to differentiate between free food items and the baited hook.
- Versatility: They can be used in various fishing scenarios, whether you're fishing over silt, gravel, or weed. Their adaptable nature ensures that your bait is always presented effectively.
- Adaptable Sizes and Flavors: With various sizes and flavors available, you can easily tailor your bait choice according to the carp's preference or the prevalent conditions.
- Matching the Hatch: One effective technique is to use wafters that match the freebies you're feeding. This consistency ensures that your hook bait is not easily singled out by the carp.
- Experiment with Flavours: Carp can be picky. If you find that one flavour isn’t yielding results, switch it up. Sometimes, a change in flavour can be the difference between a blank session and a successful one.
- Pay Attention to Rig Mechanics: Ensure that your chosen wafter counterbalances the weight of your hook effectively. You might need to experiment with different hook sizes or add putty to achieve the perfect balance.
- Glugging and Boosting: Immerse your wafters in matching liquid attractants or flavours. This can make them even more enticing and can draw carp from distances.